Holiday Frocks and Finds

We have holiday parties and family events to attend this year and we're hosting our first big(ish) party at the new house before Christmas. I'm looking for one go-to piece that I can accessorize up or down in hopes of looking at least a little chic at seven months pregnant.


I haven't made a final decision, but here's what I would be eyeing if I wasn't starting to waddle around like an emperor penguin:

Emerson Fry

J. Crew

J. Crew

J. Crew

And then there are these HATCH Collection pieces that a drapey, soft and actually transition to non-maternity wear:







Investment pieces to be sure, but the handful of other HATCH items that I picked up on sale are my regular favorites because they feel like real clothes.  

Thanksgiving is right around the corner! It's one of my favorite holidays and I share in the general lamentation that this year more than ever, it seems like Christmas decorations and Black "Friday" starting on Thursday are trying to make us skip Thanksgiving all together. I'm thankful that we will be in western North Carolina, far, far from a big box store.  I'm taking my stand against skipping Thanksgiving with pie:



Southern Living Pumpkin Pie (sans streusel--why gild the lily?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...