Summer Vacations

We squeezed in a couple of short, fun adventures in August in the midst of both my busy season at work and the MM's. The Yellowstone piece for the MM makes sense, but seriously where is the logic in concluding the federal fiscal year in September? Unlike Congress, I actually have to have my budget done and approved by then, so July and August are always busy. Grr. But I digress.

Ford's Dada Catherine (my mom) visited in late August and we spent two days and a night at Holland Lake Lodge.  Such a beautiful place! It looked and felt a lot like Camp Merrie Woode, where I spent all my summers growing up. We missed the MM and Grandpapa Whit, but sure had fun.

IMG_4260
IMG_4261
IMG_4266
IMG_4272
IMG_4274
IMG_4275
resize0003
resize0008
resize0017
resize0023

Then for Labor Day weekend, we tried our first long road trip with Ford since he was really little (and more likely to sleep). We left on Thursday evening right around bed time and drove halfway while he slept.  Up early the next morning (of course), we drove to Mount Rainier National Park and I finally got to see the whole mountain (it was shrouded in rain and clouds every other time we've been out there).
Mount Rainier 2012
Mount Rainier 2012
Mount Rainier 2012
Mount Rainier 2012
Mount Rainier 2012
Mount Rainier 2012

Then we spent a couple of days with my aunt, uncle and cousin in Tacoma.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Ford dabbled his toes in Puget Sound twice, as well as dabbling in Duplos and a dog crate.  He's busy these days!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...