More Nursery Additions

I did a terrible job of documenting the before and after on this chest of drawers for the Munchkin's room, but just imagine it with a maple-y looking finish.  I loved the mid-century lines and funky drawer pulls, but not that blond wood, so after the MM sanded it down for me, I used Rustoleum's Safety Red for the box and leftover Benjamin Moore Satin Impervo trim paint for the fronts of the drawers.  Then all surfaces got two coats of wipe-on poly.  Even working on this project outside with good ventilation, I was glad I borrowed the MM's ventilator--didn't smell any spray paint or polyeurethane fumes.  Highly recommended.

DPP_1249

This isn't the chest of drawers' final resting place in the Munchkin's room, but I'm just happy to have someplace to corral all this baby stuff! My current favorite item is the Purl elephant that I just finished:

DPP_1250

I think it's those giant ears and the pink scarf that are really making me swoon.  The pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, of which I have blogged many, many times.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...