One Butternut Squash, Two Old Favorites

DPP_1129
Most days when I ask the Mountain Man what he'd like for supper, he says lasagna, just to see if I'll take him up on it. Usually I don't since (good) lasagna is a) not very healthy and b) time intensive.  But I didn't have much going this past Sunday afternoon, so I dug out this recipe from Williams Sonoma for Skillet Lasagna with sausage, butternut squash and sage.  This lasagna has a béchamel-style white sauce instead of the traditional tomato-based variety.  
DPP_1130
 DPP_1131
The last time I made this dish was for a dinner party and one of our friends who attended is profoundly lactose intolerant.  I felt like a horse's ass that evening, but it's some seriously good lasagna if you can handle the dairy.

The lasagna only calls for the neck of the squash, so with the leftover bottom and sage, I made Butternut Squash Soup with Parmasean and Fried Sage Leaves tonight.
DPP_1132
DPP_1133
DPP_1134
DPP_1135
DPP_1136
This is quick and easy, but fairly mild if you're more accustomed to the flavor of curry or green apple or whatever else people add to butternut squash soup.  Grilled cheese with extra sharp cheddar and strong Dijon mustard was the perfect contrast.  Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Eat More Catfish said...

Looks so lovely on your china!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...