Emerging Nursery Ideas

DPP_609
I thought I'd make this post's subject clear so you can skip if you have zero interest in my thoughts on textiles and sewing projects for our front bedroom-soon-to-become-nursery.  Boy or girl, I am not repainting this room because 1) we just did that, with no-VOC paint, no less and 2) I love that shade of blue, darn it, and I wouldn't paint it pink even if we were having a girl.  So there. 

Selvedge Studio had a big sale over the weekend and while browsing, I decided that I am totally loving the new textile collection that Liesl Gibson of Oliver + S designed.  Here are some of the prints that called my name:
Fun and playful without being all fairy princesses or cars or whatever stereotypically gendered stuff you find when you search for children's prints and patterns.  So I'm working on a set of swaddling blankets like those I made for a friend last year.  Also valances for the two windows in the yellow scalloped print.  Then maybe some scraps stretched over wooden frames as art.  Like I said, it's all still emerging.
But I start to get myself into trouble drooling over all the gorgeous projects The Purl Bee has created for babies using Liberty of London prints.  These textiles are, as my mother would say, very dear.  And yet I have to have just a 1/2 yard of 2 prints to make these frogs:

And this bib set:

Clearly I need to wait on this project until the big reveal of gonads next month.  Meanwhile lets hope I can remember how to thread the sewing machine needle and pick up the thread from the bobbin.  It's been a long sewing hiatus and I am going to warm up on the swaddling blankets tomorrow night.  We are living a wild life, I tell you, wild!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a gorgeous blue...what brand and color?

Eat More Catfish said...

Love the frogs!
I had some in green velvet like sandbags that my grandma used as doorstops...hmm....

Unknown said...

It's Benjamin Moore's Jamestown Blue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...