Yo Mama's Pecan Sausage Balls

I like to make things that are deeply, purely Southern for parties in these far off parts.  Partly because I like that cooking connection to home and I also like to share how darn good Southern cuisine is with the rest of the world, bless their hearts.  You don't have to be born in the South to appreciate this food, but it helps if you're the one choosing the menu--most Southern women I know can put together a menu and throw a great party.  We grow up watching our mothers and grandmothers do it, hone our skills in college (sort of) and mostly have it down by the time we exit our 20s.  There are some like my cousin's wife who practically exited the womb with a hostess' apron tied around her waist, but she's exceptionally talented.


DPP_1039
Where was I? Sausage balls.  With pecans and cheddar cheese. I made these on Sunday, along with more Garden and Gun cheese straws, for a holiday party.  The recipe comes from Bon Appetit, Ya'll, which I've blogged about before.  These are not my mama's sausage balls (giggle), but they were a hit at the party.
DPP_1035
DPP_1036
DPP_1037
[Imagine the photos I should have taken of the dough all food processed and getting rolled into balls here]
DPP_1038
DPP_1040
I didn't have the energy to unwrap them for the photo.  Note the family silver in use. Makes it more festive.  Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...