Latent Craftiness

I don't think I've posted anything crafty in about a year, but we have spent a major part of the past year re-"crafting" our house.  All along the way, though, I have been working on a piece of baby knitwear for a little girl who's now almost 6 months old! Yes, I did start it when her parents found out they were having a girl, but since it's still not finished, I haven't shared anything about it so as not to give away the (sort of) surprise. 


Meanwhile last weekend we visited the New York mecca of craftiness, Purl Soho.  I only refrained from spending hours and hours there because the Mountain Man was waiting so patiently for me outside.  I did pick up this Charlie Harper canvas for a future needlepoint pillow:
Although the one I bought is landscape oriented and the coral is more orange than pink.  But you get the idea.  I love that grannyfied pursuits like needlepoint are getting some street cred thanks to Purl Soho!  They also had some raffle going on and I won three skeins of The Fibre Company worsted weight yarn, apparently just enough to knit the baby cardigan in Purl owner Joelle Hoverson's newest book, More Last Minute Knitted Gifts

I don't actually own the book, but I'm sure that can be remedied.  You'll be pleased to know that when Ms. Hoverson herself popped into the store, I managed not to stare, fawn, or ask for her autograph.  It was equally as exciting as seeing Kelsey Grammer onstage in La Cage aux Folles. Really.
I'm breaking one of th cardinal rules of entertaining this weekend by trying an ambitious dish I've never made before, Coq au Vin from Bon Appetit, Ya'll that I mentioned here (one sweet friend and blog reader mailed it to me as a birthday present!).  I think I've read through the recipe so many times this week that it will come out fine.  Famous last words, right? I'll let you know how it turns out.  Bon Weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...