Spring Beauties


One of the realities of new motherhood is how quickly the "pregnant glow" fades to dark under eye circles, dull skin and thinning hair. Going through that during a long, cold, dry winter made my skin look even more tired. There's no substitute for getting enough sleep, especially uninterrupted (5 hours straight would feel amazing), but since that's not how new babies roll, here are two new items I've been using to fake looking well-rested:


When J. Crew sent out an email touting RMS Beauty in order to "glow like a J. Crew model," you can bet I was intrigued. The Living Luminizer and Lip Shine in Sacred are now my new go-tos, even if I don't have time for anything else except mascara. They're easy to apply and feel good on. Order from the RMS Beauty website and you'll get free shipping.

Since I also want to feel good (and fit into my pants), I've been switching between these two green smoothies in the morning. Being well-nourished lends a certain glow too!


BLUEBERRY, ALMOND & GINGER SMOOTHIE (From Camille Styles:)

  • 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, preferably organic
  • handful of spinach or kale
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons coconut or goats milk yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
  • 2 teaspoons raw honey
  • 2-3 ice cubes
  • fresh mint, for garnish

(I skip the yogurt and add a whole banana. Jarred minced ginger makes it way easier)



GREEN PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE (Bon Appetit)
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 banana
  • 1 cup torn kale
  • 2  tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon

My sweet night owl and her adoring big brother:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...