Crock Pot Crack Pot


 I'm pretty addicted to the awesomeness of my crock pot.  In it right now might be the easiest, cheapest meal I've ever made.  Southern Living's New Orleans' Red Beans and Rice.  Chop some veggies and sausage.  Add water and come creole seasoning.  Turn it on.  Cook some rice tomorrow night.  That's it.

 Let's hope slow-cooking the kidney beans makes them less gas-inducing for Ford down the line.  It's a special kind of shame when you realize that something you had a choice not to eat has given your child a stomach ache.  I really love nursing that baby, but I won't lie. I look forward to days filled with chipotle chilis in adobo and generous glasses of red wine.  And real cold medicine.  Meanwhile I'm [again] off to bed to avoid catching a cold.  Since I can't take the Nyquil.  More Thanksgiving photos tomorrow.  Here we are feeling spiffy and not yet stuffed like a 22lb turkey:

DPP_0058

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...