Contemplating

When we were renovating our house, I chose to paint our bedroom Benjamin Moore's Owl Gray almost exclusively because of this bedroom that I've posted once before:

House Ideas
And I did recover our headboard in a similar shade of tuquoise linen and have painted a bookcase a fabulous shade of orangey-red. But the upholstery nails weren't long enough and never really stayed in and the MM kept complaining that I way trying to blind or kill him in his sleep when they would fall out in the bed.  In short, it was a mess.  So when The Company Store had their sale on headboards, I pounced, as I mentioned a few weeks back.  The MM switched them out over the weekend and while the new headboard is lovely.....
It's also such a pale shade of aqua that you can hardly distinguish it from the gray walls.  Even the MM agrees that we now need to punch the bedroom decor up a notch or two.  So I'm back to contemplating this from Dwell Studio:

I think those peacocks would pick up the blue headboard nicely and that yellow is fabulous.  There's a king size one on eBay for a fraction of the retail price, so I'm going to hold out and see if a Full/Queen one pops up.  And while we're on the topic of sleep, here's a photo of sweet baby Ford napping in his co-sleeper this afternoon.  AND he slept from 9:30pm to 4:30am this morning.  In the co-sleeper.  I feel like I won the new mommy sleep lottery.  Let's just hope it's more habit than luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...