Log Cabin Reimagined


I lived in a (poorly chinked, freezing cold) log cabin in Jackson Hole for about a year and a half, and I thought I was pretty much cured of any desire to live in one again.  After working for an antique gallery in Jackson that sold very expensive, yet almost campy furniture to fill bigger, glitzier log cabins in western, neo-cowboy style, I was really over the decor genre too:




But then I came across these photos today via The Skirted Roundtable and thought I could reconsider with a cabin done up all English hunting lodge like so:





 
Apparently these are from the home of the owners of Blackberry Farm in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee, via Architectural Digest.  Suzanna Kasler was the interior designer and is that living room not fabulous? I love that ornate gold and black mirror on the far wall--somehow it works!

With a (rather more modest) family place of our own in the Smokies, I doubt I'll be a guest at Blackberry Farm any time soon, but I wouldn't mind owning their cookbook (in case I'm on your Christmas list):



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...