Various Stages of Craftiness

I owe my Pfaff sewing machine to my grandmother and namesake, Ann, so I paid her a visit on Tuesday night and gave her this:
July 28th

July 28th

It's a little drawstring bag for shoes, socks, etc to toss in an overnight bag. It was really easy to make, so I'm going to make lots of them as presents out of any fabric remnants I can find in the scrap bin.

Then there's the long neglected quilt that I put aside because it was just too daunting and I needed a break. The deeper I get into the whole quilting thing, the more I realize that I am in over my head and should have taken a class. But the quilting ladies in Charlottesville terrify me with their air of superiority and the appalling selection of quilting material they sell. So I'm left at home alone with this laid out in the back room:
July 29th
July 29th

And if you haven't already noticed, the three panels on the quilt top are not even. I don't know what I did short of following the directions, but something it totally off and this thing has now officially become the crazy quilt. And that's why it will live on the back of a sofa, not a guest bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...