Welcome to My Day Job


Although this catchy ad comes from the Hampton Roads Transit Service Program Traffix, the other transportation planning folks in my office and I spend a lot of time thinking about how to cure people (including me) of SOV Disorder. It is no small task--ingrained habits and perceived convenience are hard paradigms to shift-- but we're making progress. Apparently my household would carpool more often if I got up earlier (6am) in order to shower, walk the dog, eat a little brekkie, pack lunch and walk out the door at 7:45 when Steve-o likes to hit the road. Riiiight. So I continue to suffer from low level SOV disorder. Luckily I live in Charlottesville, not Hampton Roads or NOVA, so I don't feel as terrible as the poor lady in the photo.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...