Celebrity Do-Goodery


I'm not sure if Do-Goodery is a word or not, but I'm just going to put it out there that I think I had excellent taste in 1993 when I developed a crush on Brad Pitt. I've long put the days of celebrity crushes behind me, and I'm as tired of hearing about his personal life as the next person, but I think that his Make It Right project to design sustainable, flood-ready, affordable houses for residents of the Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans is brilliant. He gathered some of the best minds in the industry- Bill McDonough, Pugh and Scarpa, and matched $5million in contributions himself.

Hopefully they asked the residents what they wanted during the design process too, but all in all, well done Mr. Hollywood activist!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...