Dolly Sods Weekend



I've been hearing about the Dolly Sods Wilderness Area in West Virginia for at least 10 years now, and this weekend we finally went to check it our for ourselves. Steve and I both felt like we stepped through some portal into Yellowstone or the San Juans somewhere (minus the 14'ers). The whole landscape was totally unique, something about the right combination of being inland, high in elevation (over 4,000ft mostly) and far enough north. I'm too exhausted to say more, so I'm just posting all the really good photos. Sigh. Go there. Just maybe not in January. Eat some blueberries. Even huckleberries if they're ripe. Don't trust the 1997 USGS topo map for trail information!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ann -

For some reason, the email I sent you didn't go through. Here's our wedding website: www.mywedding.com/jerryandtheresia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...