Crabtree Falls


Well I had big plans for the weekend that involved driving to DC to visit my dear college friends and meet up with S at Old Rag on the way home. Snow and slippery roads kept me here in Cville instead, but also gave us a chance to get out on a hike to enjoy what the storm left behind on Saturday. The forest around Crabtree Falls was covered in ice, and the sun hitting it was a beautiful sight.

I hope these buds thaw out soon, although they are lovely in their shimmering casing. What is it about buds that I find so exciting this year? There's just so much possibility in them, I suppose. Speaking of little buds, we also saw squite a few brand new calves on the drive home through the Rockfish Valley (BR Parkway is still closed!). Many of them were still wobbly and sticking close to their mamas. More signs of spring to come...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...