Halloween Antidotes on Pinterest

I'm sure you've seen the headlines about too much social media (Facebook especially) making us unhappy because we're comparing all the mundane events and details of our lives to an edited, vacation and happy baby-focused version of everyone else's.

In the same vein, when I am feeling particularly overwhelmed by my own life, I cannot handle Pinterest.  It is, by definition, edited and beautiful and that's why we all love it so, but you can give yourself a serious case of female/hostess/mother inferiority complex if you're not careful.

But today I can cope with Pinterest because it's helping me through Halloween overload with these two grown-up treats that have nothing to do with pumpkins or spiders!

1.  Buttermilk Poundcake with Rosemary and Lemon from Some Kitchen Stories

Making this for the grown-ups at a Halloween party tomorrow night

2. Pimento Cheese Muffins from Delta Magazine

Hopefully making these just because they involve cheese and Tabasco sauce. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...