Wee Craftiness...And Cheese Grits

I didn't paint this past weekend, but that doesn't mean I wasn't busy! I wrapped up these two wee projects.  One to keep, one to gift. 

DPP_1154
DPP_1155

Keeping knit items is a strange thing for me.  I really take the greatest pleasure in thinking up projects that will make lovely presents and just enjoy giving the things away, but the Mountain Munchkin is encouraging me to be a little more selfish and hang on to some items.  Don't you think he'll look stinkin' cute in that little sweater vest?!?

Anyhoodle, we also had company for supper last night, so I did what I always do for non-Southerners and make them a bunch of Southern food.  Last night that meant cheese grits and pound cake. Among other things.  Is pound cake particularly Southern? I don't know, but it made the cover of Southern Living this month and the Amaretto-Almond glazed version I made was insane, so I'm just going with it.  Here's the recipe for the Cheese Grits Casserole and here's the recipe for the Pound Cake.  I added two crushed garlic gloves, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and a dash of Tabasco to my grits because the MM and I like them with a fair amount of sass. 

Today I didn't need a hat, gloves and heavy coat to get to work.  Then I heard some birds chirping.  Spring may not be in the air, but I hope we can safely say that it's only about 2 months off now?!?

1 comment:

Southern Exposure said...

I make that same cheese grits casserole - it is so good! I haven't made it in a while. You have inspired me to make it again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...