Big Changes in 2011

Happy New Year!  I thought 2009 was a year of major change for us.  We got married:

 

Then we moved across the country and I started a new job:
View Larger Map

That felt like a lot.  In 2010, we took on home ownership and spent months renovating our new house and yard:
DPP_270
DPP_636
DPP_200
DPP_588

It was exciting to see this transformation, but it too felt like a lot.  And yet none of this compares with what we're going to accomplish in 2011:  We're going to become parents!  That's right, we're going to unleash the first Mountain Man offspring on the world in mid-July.  If you noticed my blogging dry spell between Thanksgiving and Christmas, yes, it was directly related to half my brain cells migrating south and being asleep most of the time I wasn't at work. 

I'm feeling like my old self these days and will try not to make every post all baby, baby, baby.  We're finding out if it's a girl or a boy on Valentine's Day.  No doubt I will go into gender-specific crafty overdrive after that.


We're taking off for Patagonia on Tuesday, so I'll be on another blog hiatus for a week.  This pregnant lady will be flying business class the whole way and expects to feel pretty darn good when she arrives in Argentina on Thursday morning.  Adios!

7 comments:

KLA said...

Yay for a baby!

Alex and Emily said...

Congratulations!! Such incredible news. I'm glad you are feeling better. Have a great time on your incredible travels!

Kathleen Boudreaux said...

Yay!! So glad you have finally shared the news. Bryan and I were talking about that on our way home from the mountains. Can't wait to meet the Little Mountain Man or Lady!
Love to all 3 of you, from all 3 of us! :)

Lizzie O. said...

Thinking of you on your big trip! Can't wait to see pics, Mama!

Southern Exposure said...

Congratulations!!!

Suz said...

congratulations!

Abbie said...

Wonderful! Happy, happy, happy news!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...