Summer Reading

I think most blogs I follow have done a post on what they're reading this summer.  I'm just jumping on the bandwagon late.  And I haven't uploaded any photos in awhile, this is all I've got! I've been swinging from high to low brow on my list, but life it too short not to enjoy some blatantly plot-driven chick lit from time to time.  I kicked things off with:

And saw the Swedish version of the first film.  Not sure I can handle Daniel Craig as Blomquivst in the Hollywood remake.

Basically Nancy Drew for grown ups, and completely charming. Short little book that my mom leant me while she was here visiting.  I finished it in two nights and might got find the others in the series at some point.

So very interesting.  I think I'll have to read it again to pick up on some of the little things I missed the first time, but I'm looking forward to picking up Barbery's other novel, Gourmet Rhapsody soon.

I won't even try to defend it.  Good distraction last week while the MM was away.

Because I love McCullough biographies and have always had a soft spot for Teddy.  And I need to bring my mind out of the sugar coma brought on by the pink book just above.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...