Zuppa!

I was a little burnt out on soup after my butternut squash extravaganza of the fall.  But it's so easy and mostly healthly.....and we had bulk items to use up. So! Soup, two ways:

African Curried Coconut Chickpea Soup:

DPP_150
DPP_151
Red bell and jalapeno pepper as a change from the usual onion+ carrot+ celery

DPP_152
Curry, chickpeas and chicken stock (veg stock would actually make this vegan--but why??)

DPP_155
Light Coconut Milk (shake it well first, don't make my mistake)

 IMG_1420

DPP_156
Fresh Parsley

 DPP_157
Quick, simple and warming.  Careful that you wash your hands thoroughly after that jalapeno chopping!

Italian White Bean Soup (from the Williams Sonoma catalog--I skipped the fussy tapenade + crostini and just made grilled cheese)
DPP_166

DPP_167

DPP_168
Mirepoix

DPP_169
Garlic and Pancetta (yum!)

DPP_171
Cannelini Beans and Parmasean

DPP_172

DPP_173

DPP_175

DPP_176

DPP_177
Immersion Blender, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways..

DPP_178
Freshly grated parm

DPP_179
With grilled cheese and salad, our Sunday night standard.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...