The Food Itch

This past weekend I finally at home enough to really cook. With the latest issue of Gourmet for some inspiration, I spent the better part of Sunday in the kitchen (now I understand why cooks wear special shoes and stand on cushy mats, sheesh). Here's what was on the menu:

Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas
Sauteed sugar snap peas (from the farmers' market)


Summer Flank Steak Dinner
Marinated Flank Steak-a blend of mustard, Worstershire, Hoisin, soy sauces, lime juice, garlic and ginger

Crusty pain de compagne (from Petit Outre in Missoula)

Honey Caramel Peach Pie
Honey Caramel Peach Pie (I pulled off the all-butter crust! a moment of personal culinary triumph)

So I scratched that itch to cook real real food. I think I'm done until I decide it's time to christen the Kitchenaid and make our own pasta. Rosemary fettucine anyone?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...