Flying My Preppy Flag



Well, I inherited the family penchant for monogramming pretty much everything in sight. Sheets, towels and silver should be monogrammed. Handkerchiefs, double old fashioneds, jewelry. I even have monogrammed towels from deceased relatives because, hey, monograms look nice and why waste good towels? That was my mother's rationale when she brought them back from cleaning out Great-Great Aunt Martha's house, at least.

Which brings me to this beautiful little necklace from SonyaRenee Jewelry. Now I just have to decide if it's really bad luck to wear a necklace with my new initials before the wedding, or whether such superstition is a silly reason not to wear a pretty new bauble.



As an aside, I am sticking with the groom can't see the wedding dress and we won't see each other at all on our wedding day until I walk down the aisle. That doesn't bode well for breaking the new monogram superstition. Thoughts?

Bon Weekend!

3 comments:

Farrell and Lauren said...

I don't know if you have seen my post on monogramming, but I am very sad about my monogram "problems" that I will have when married. You can take the girl out of the south...
Anyway, why tempt fate with the necklace?

Unknown said...

I did see that. I bet there's some authority on monograms out there...like Cranes for invitations. One of my bridesmaids thinks I should wait on the necklace too!

Manda said...

I love monogrammed things!! I got a locket on my wedding day with my new initials too ... I didn't wear it until the day after. That was mainly because I'd already planned on wearing my grandmother's pearls, though. I don't know if there's any etiquette on these things but I say if you like it and you want to wear it, GO FOR IT! It's your wedding. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...