Sun on the Winter Solstice

December 21st
December 21st

When the sun came out today, I found myself blinking in surprise and reaching for my sunglasses, hoping that I could remember where I left them after our week of cloudy skies.

Clear skies are a mixed blessing on the farm, though, because they usually mean cold wind will blow over the mountains all night and rattle our tin roof. It's whipping around the corners of the cottage as I sit here and no, our windows are not what you'd call draught-proof! Good thing I have a compulsive sweater-buying habit.

The MM has temporarily flown this nest to spend Christmas with his family in Wyoming, but we celebrated our engagement last night in Richmond. These lovebirds were tucked in the centerpiece!

December 20th
December 20th

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...