Gimme Fiction

I am in need of a good read. I could just wander into Barnes and Noble. Or the library. But I'd rather get a personal recommendation from one of my readers. Who has read some fiction lately that they really enjoyed? I welcome your suggestions. I am rather burnt out on non-fiction after reading so much of it during graduate school. But I'm sure I will end up reading Michael Pollan's newest soon anyway: In exchange for asking for your suggestions, I'll offer one. Alice Waters' The Art of Simple Food. I love this book, but reading about cooking before bed feels slightly odd. So I need a good novel. Thanks folks!

3 comments:

Tucker Mahoney said...

Hi Ann! I just ordered the newest Michael Pollan today - will share it with you when I'm done if you have not gotten it yet. I always love Richard Russo: Empire Falls and Simple Man. Other great nonfiction: Long Way Gone and Infidel. Let me know if you want to book swap!

Eat More Catfish said...

Humble Pie: Musings on What Lies Beneath the Crust
By Anne Dimock
Read that if you haven't. It's pretty short, only 176 pages.

SummerEllen said...

Right now I'm really into Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe (again....I've already read it a dozen times). Before that I read Bread Alone (another repeat) by Judith Hendricks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...