Winter Saturday Morning Rituals

January 12th
Future Apron


Only the coldest, wettest winter days keep Steve from going climbing. For me, Winter is a season to spend more time indoors tending to the projects, books and cooking that I let fall by the wayside during the summer and fall months when I spend the weekends at "the crag."

So mornings find me puttering around, answering emails, drinking coffee and watching the winter birds from my desk window. The farm seems to be overrun with blue jays this time of year, but there are also some sparrows, a pair of cardinals, and a few nearly mature red-headed woodpeckers. I've been listening to The Avett Brothers' album "Emotionalism" and am contemplating chili and cornbread for chilly days ahead.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...