Virginia Green Goodness

I've recently discovered two great new Virginia-based green living web resources! Better World Betty is a web-based guide to green living in Charlottesville--local stores, tips very much like Ideal Bite (which hasn't created a Biters guide to Cville yet), and a "what to take and where to take it" recycling guide. The 50's-style ladies on the web site make it that much better.

Then there are the "I can't believe I didn't think of this" Green Kits folks in Montepelier, VA who appear to be making a killing putting together kits with non-toxic, plant based, recycled house cleaning, baby and personal care products. Stuff that I always figured you just went to the health food store and bought. But not if you're new to the whole green living thing, or just not within a stone's throw of Whole Foods! (How I wish I'd perceived this market first).

4 comments:

Eat More Catfish said...

I just saw Green Kit's today for the first time on Kathryn Williams' myspace page. Floored I'd never heard of it either!

Andy Woolard said...

This is great. Good heads up!

Andy Woolard said...

i think i found it via my friend Hillary Everist? does that ring a bell? if not, i stumbled across via climbing blogs or searches I'm guessing. either way, i've been digging the content!

Unknown said...

Hillary is indeed a friend--one who I have not seen in too many years, but an old W&L friend nonetheless. I've got yours flagged now too.
Cheers,
Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...