Home Again, Home Again


First, off, as much as I really am relieved that Fred Thompson decided to drop out of the presidential race, I feel this little stab of sadness for the candidates who realized that their candidacies weren't viable (just look at Fred trying to keep a stiff upper lip as he walks off the stage). Running for public office is one popularity contest that I don't ever want to enter. Then I recall the E.B. White quotation, "Only a person who is congenitally self-centered has the effrontery and stamina to write essays." I think the same could be said about politicians (and bloggers?!).


I spent the past weekend with my dearest college friends at what is becoming our annual reunion. While the temperatures dipped below freezing, we holed up inside and talked. And talked. And talked. And ate. It was glorious. Typically, I only thought to take photos when we did venture outside:







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...