Further Fall Adventures

I love climbing at Nelson Rocks. Even when it's cold and blustery outside, I can be persuaded to drive the 2.5 hours over there. In the few weeks that passed between our most recent trips out there, the change in seasons is apparent: Looking more wintry all the while....

I've put further climbing adventures on hold until my shoes get repaired (I blew out the toes!). In the meantime, there are always new trails to be hiked, and more domestic pursuits, like making pumpkin pie from scratch. Almost. I probably won't attempt to make my own crust, but I will be baking pumpkins tomorrow in preparation for making them into pie! Thank goodness for the lovely how-to photos at VeganYumYum.


Today I convinced Steve to exchange his rock shoes for hiking boots and a walk down from the Blue Ridge Parkway: White Rock Canyon. The trail was uncrowded and the shifting light that the unsettled clouds threw across the Blue Ridge was really lovely.
My mountain man......
Pushing his luck!

1 comment:

Eat More Catfish said...

I love your new pics! I totally want to make a pumpkin pie like that too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...