Back in Time...



The irony is not lost on me. I tore through a book about a family taking 1 year out of their lives to live a slower, quieter 1900 existence in two days. But I was on vacation and Logan Ward's account of his family's year at Trimble's Mill Farm in Swoope, VA, (just across the mountains from the farm where we live) was so compelling. And there weren't even any plot twists. I am fairly sure that even my great-great grandparents did not live the hardscrabble life that Logan and Heather Ward adopted for their year-long adventure, but the heart of the thing--reconnecting with work and people in a meaningful way--was not lost on me. I highly recommended See You In A Hundred Years. It will challenge your ideas about want versus need and encourage you to think about what really brings joy and purpose to your life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...