Turk Mountain


I suppose it's because I know the stretch of road between Afton Mountain and Highway 56 better than parts farther north, but I am partial to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Skyline Drive surely has its charms, but now that my NPS pass has expired and I think about all those DC folks crowding the roads, I am less inclined to head north.
So I was a little disappointed to find the Parkway closed again yesterday morning when Christine and I had plans to walk up to Humpback Rocks (site of her wedding proposal no less!). Still, Turk Mountain was a great little 2 hour hike to a lovely view east and west from the rocky outcrop at the summit.
Tomorrow I'll do more than go to Carolina in my mind, I'll drive down there and tramp around mountains bigger and wetter than these. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...